Friday, January 23, 2015

Revenue Stream


Last month (12/14) Congress passed the budget bill which included a whole section written by Citibank and Trust Me, It's Not in Your Interests or Mine. Did you vote for citibank? How about the global corporations that run the fascist American Legislative Exchange Council (fALEC) or the WTO or World Bank? Our "Representatives" have become mere middlemen. I wrote this song several years ago (Which You Can Also Listen to Here, along with other and more to come soon), but it becomes more disturbingly relavent with every passing year. Freedumb & Demockery for All!

Revenue Stream is on the set list for my buddy Scott and I to perform at Tomorrow Night's (1/24/15) Songs of Protest Themed Open Mic and the Coffee House & Chestnut and Pine. but due to the overwhelming response of local talent to participate we will likely have to drop this song or my other song Bunker Buster Bomb (My President Talks with God), tough choice. So don't delay, listen NOW!

We WILL be performing my Badgered State Blues (Not From Here Anymore) regardless. Gonna be a blast, if you see this in time come out, you won't be disappointed!


Chords & Lyrics:


Revenue Stream

E9
When I was young I took a look
        A9
Said I’m gonna rumble like a tumblin brook
E9
Out of the hills, down to the sea
B9                                        C9  C#/Db9  D9  E9
See where I go, I’ll see what I be
E9
I will gather in the latherin rain
       A9
For every drop I drain, two drops I will gain
             E9
But commercial man spoke, he broke that dream
             B9                                           G9   E
He said boy you ain’t nuthin but a revenue stream


         A9
Revenue stream, revenue stream
  E9
I say what I know and I know what I mean
B9
Pay no interest till 20-13
                          Bb9      A9   G9  E9
You consuming, human revenue stream

E9
Well I grew a bit, I took a peak
        A9
Said I will meander like a ramblin creek
E9
Round the bend, over the rocks
B9                                        C9  C#/Db9  D9  E9
Under the bridge, and between the docks
E9
Tributaries rushin to join
    A9 
I’ll know where I’ve been, but not where I’m goin
          E9
Uncle Sam saw me comin and his smile beamed
             B9                                           G9   E
He said greetings my gurgling little revenue stream


           A9
Sonny boy hey, make my day
                 E9
Earn your pay, then send it my way
B9
You’re bleedin red, I’m rollin in green
                Bb9     A9   G9  E9
Mr. John Q. F.U. revenue stream

     D9
At 16 I was a ragin torrent
       E9
The confines of my bank I found abhorrent
F9
Breachin my levies at every turn

B9                 C9  C#/Db9  D9  E9
Roil and boil, chug and churn
E9
Miles away from my original source
    A9
I’ll chart my own way, I’ll scour a new course
            E9
But the Madison Avenue focus group team
                  B9                                                G9  E
Said we’ve branded you boy, you’re our revenue stream

         A9
Revenue stream fill our pot
           E9
With a lot or you’re not no patriot
B9
It’s your role, It’s been foreseen
       Bb9             A9                          G9  E9
Our prophet forecasts a steady revenue stream

E9
Then I thought that I would take my place
               A9
Have my say bout this old rat race
E9
Exercise my precious right to vote
B9                           C9  C#/Db9  D9  E9
Kick that scoundrel out of that boat
E9
But because my flow was all consumed
       A9
For political pay there was no room
     E9
On that mornin cold, they laughed while I steamed
  B9                                             G9  E
I knew I wasn’t nuthin but a revenue stream

        A9
Revenue stream, revenue stream
E9
Trickle your nickel to turn the turbine
B9
But the power goes to those who scam and scheme
                    Bb9 A9   G9  E9   
On all them little revenue streams

Spoken:
The Traitor John Roberts proclaimed money is speech
Robed heretics pronounced corporations are people
They acted on behalf of their golden calf
Their cold, hard shepherd, rod and staff
To them money’s the word and corporations the herd
The banks are their temple and the dollar’s their steeple

But money’s not speech, it’s merely amplification
So they can use megaphones to preach their adulation
But just you try and blare in the public square
About what’s commonly good and generally fair
You’ll see the whole God Damned truth laid bare
When you’re arrested for disturbing their peace down there

E9
So I turned to the man on the TV screen
                     A9
He said he’d pray for my soul and I would be redeemed
E9
He squinted real hard, so I knew he was keen
B9                   C9      C#/Db9  D9  E9
I sent that televangelist some green
E9
Then the man on the network news decreed
             A9
He’d profaned himself by thought, word and deed
                      E9
And when the court seized the assets, that’s when it seemed
    B9                                      G9   
It never was nuthin but a revenue stream


Inst. Break A9 E9 B9 E9 B9 G9 E

D9
Drifting past my worldly banks
       E9
Like vampires they came and drank
F9
Suckin my flow to irrigate
B9                 C9  C#/Db9  D9  E9
The seeds of their corporate one-world state
E9
They changed my very constitution
       A9
Polluted me with disillusion
       E9
And when I protested the sirens screamed
                  B9                                                G9  E
They threw these locks on their revenue stream

        A9
Revenue stream, see what we mean
E9
We’ll set you free if that’s your dream
B9
But if you plan to eat, drink or breathe
                    Bb9                      A9  G9  E9
Then you’re part of our global revenue stream

E9
Now I’m old man river just a rollin slow
       A9
As I empty my worth where all worth goes
E9
Mingle my essence in the abyss
B9                                                 C9 C#/Db9  D9  E9
Whoa I never thought it would be like this
E9
Little bit here, little bit there
   A9
A little bit rises up in the air
E9
And cycles back round in a vaporous dream
               B9                                   G9  E
To some freshly springin little revenue stream

        A9
Revenue stream, revenue stream
E9
Worth much more than can be gleaned
     B9
By those who’ve looked, but never seen
Bb9                       A9  G9  E9
Nuthin but a lot of revenue streams  



Copyright Sean Cranley November 15, 2002 (till death +75yrs)


No comments: