Friday, March 26, 2010

Frum Fired From AEI For Forthrightness

A few days after publishing his opinion piece http://www.frumforum.com/waterloo
critical of the GOPstructionist (disasterous (for them) handling of healthcare reform and the GOPropagandist stoking of haterd and fear through lies, hyperbole and manipulation David Frum, G.W. Bush's speech writer was shown the door at the American Enterprise Insitute. Apparently they don't consider truth telling to be an "American Enterprise at the institute as AEI demonstrated their illiberality with regard to diversity in view points.

Mr. Frum paid the price for marching out of lockstep with GOPleadership at AEI, EIB and Foxnoose as evidenced by his resignation letter below: http://www.frumforum.com/

Dear Arthur,

This will memorialize our conversation at lunch today. Effective immediately, my position as a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute is terminated. I appreciate the consideration that delays my emptying of my office until after my return from travel next week. Premises will be vacated no later than April 9.

I have had many fruitful years at the American Enterprise Institute, and I do regret this abrupt and unexpected conclusion of our relationship.

Very truly yours,

David Frum

No comments: