Monday, February 14, 2011

Then they came for the Trade Unionists....

This statement is often misquoted -- especially by the right wing, who like to insert themselves into it -- but here's the real thing.

And I want you to pay special attention to the 2nd stanza, and think about the Governor's threat to collective bargaining in Wisconsin:

First They came... - Pastor Martin Niemoller

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

*
I guess the Governor felt he could just skip that first step in this day and age.


Stand up against the Governor of Wisconsin and for our teachers & public workers, before it's too late.

Contact your state reps.

No comments: