Since conservatism survives on a series of big lies swallowed by their gulligle minions, it's only fitting that politifact has chosen the adnnauseum repeated GOPsterism "Government take over of healthcare" as the 2010 Lie of the Year: http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2010/dec/16/lie-year-government-takeover-health-care/
Crafted by GOPundit Frnak Luntz, it has no basis in truth, but Republicons don't care about truth they care about messaging, you know GOPropaganda. Under the reform of broken healthcare system:
- Employers still continue to provide health insurance to the majority of Americans.
- More people will get private haelthcare coverage.
- Exchanges are set up for private insurers to compete to provide coverage to those without insurance
- The government does not run the hospitals
- the government does not employ the doctors
- It's all private, there is not government run public option to compete with private insurers
- Tax credits are provided to assist those with difficulty getting insurance to buy it from a private provider.
So "Government take over" and socialism are just plain lies, period.
By the way, the runner up was fruitcake Michelle Bachman's claim that Obama would spend $200,000,000 per day on his trip to India. No basis in fact there either. But that won't stop millions of Fux Snooze morons from gobbling it down and regurgitating it projectile fashion.